Skip to main content

Suspension: Senate asks Ndume to resume tomorrow

The Senate has asked the former majority leader, Senator Ali Ndume (APC, Borno South) to resume tomorrow after serving six months suspension.
This was part of the resolutions reached by the federal lawmakers after a closed door meeting that lasted for almost thirty minutes.
The Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, who spoke after the executive session disclosed that: "we discussed the suspension of Ndume and resolved that he should resume tomorrow as he has served his suspension"
Ndume was suspended following a point of order he raised on the Senate President, Senator Bukola Saraki and Chairman of the Senate Committee on FCT, Senator Dino Melaye (APC, Kogi).
He also said that there were reports that Senator Melaye possesses a fake Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria academic certificate.
A Federal High Court in Abuja, last week, declared the suspension of Senator Ndume by the Senate as illegal and unconstitutional.
Justice Babatunde Quadri in a judgment held that Ndume’s suspension for 90 legislative days (six months) was a violation of his fundamental right to freedom of expression.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NIGERIA COOKING RECIPES How to make Chicken Pie Check Out: How to Make Chicken Pie [Video] How to Make Nigerian Meat Pie This Chicken Pie recipe was born out of my craving for Chicken Republic's Chicken Pie. So what do you do when you are craving for a particular food and you are far away from the outlet that makes and sells that food? You go into your kitchen and make some! And that's exactly what I did. Enjoy the recipe, make it and send me some feedback by  clicking here . Click >>  Different Shapes of Nigerian Pies  for how to get the heart, circular, star and other shapes of this delicious Chicken Pie. Chicken Pie Ingredients I got 14 Chicken Pies with the following ingredients. The size and the number of chicken pies you will get depends on the diameter of the cutter you use. My cutter is 15 cm (6 inches) in diameter. For the Chicken Pie dough 1kg (2.2 lbs) plain flour (All Purpose Flour) 300g (0.7 lbs) margarine 2 teaspoons baking pow...
IPOB Secretery General, Achuzia reveals origin of ‘Biafra’ Col Joe Achuzia, Secretary-General of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, world-wide, has revealed where the word ‘Biafra’ orgininated from. The civil war hero said he was proud to be addressed as “a Biafran” as that reflected his true identity. According to him,  “You see people tend to forget the paradox about the Igbo. The word Igbo is not a tribal identity, it is linguistic identity. It is a language of a people collectively residing in the eastern region that used to be known as Southern Sudan. From the 14th, 15th, 16th century, the area was known as Southern Sudan. That is where the people known as Biafrans lived, hence the Bight of Biafra.  “There would never have been a Bight of Biafra if there were no inhabitants occupying the mainland. I’m not here pleading a cause for Biafra. No, I’m only taking you to historical antecedents.” Asked why he joined the fight for the secession of Biafra from Nig...
Why I didn’t invite people to my wedding —Nollywood actress Uche Nnnana Newly wedded  Nollywood actress Uche  Nnnana is said to have  married her beau Richard  secretly. The Two Sisters  and Mary The Hunter star  clears the air, in this  interview with MERCY  MICHAEL, among other  issues. 2013 is fast running out, how would you rate the year so far as it relates to your job? How could you ask that kind of question? You should know better (laughs). It is indeed fulfilling. For me, this year has been one of the best ever; it’s the year I got married to my wonderful husband and the year God blessed me with so many good jobs. I started the year with so many good roles and before you know it, the wedding came. I’m so excited. What are some of the things you still hope to achieve? I have achieved all I think I want to achieve this year, but that doesn’t mean if any other thing comes up, I won’t grab it. As a human being, I would say ...