Skip to main content

YES, I WOULD ACCEPT A PORN MOVIE ROLE, IF… – NOLLYWOOD ACTRESS MORADEKE ADEGBOYEGA

Moradeke Adegboyega, is one of the rising producers in the industry presently making waves. The co-producer of ‘A Million Baby’, which is still running in the cinemas, in a chat with DUPE AYINLA-OLASUNKANMI, speaks on her venture into movie production from event planning, among other issues.
THE movie ‘A Milllion Baby’, what influenced the storyline?
The storyline is actually a partial story of someone I know. We were chatting and he was narrated his experience of one of his trip from Epe.
On his way, his car had mechanical issues, and where he got stranded; there was no way he could get cab, but ended up getting on a bus; which lead him to different characters on the trip. That was how the story came up and I added some other ideas to it to make it a whole packaged.
What was it like putting together top shots for the movie?
It was not that difficult putting these people together. This is what they do as professionals and they were open to business.
What we did was to get in touch with them, which was mostly done by my co-producer. But we had challenge with timing; most of them had different schedule and it was challenging having to fix the time that was convenient for each person for them to be together for a particular scene.
What movie brought you into limelight?
I would say the ‘Courier’; it’s been showing on TV stations, online, cinemas and other platforms.
That movie actually gave me away, because even now that I want to have my corn and enjoy which happens to be my favourite. I just realised that someone is recognizing me. Even when I go to the market to get items, someone will definitely walk up to me. The kind of responses I have been getting is quite heartwarming and encouraging.
The last one was in Oshodi; I went there to get some materials for an event. I am also into event planning. The experience was so crazy; people started walking up to me to ask questions like ‘Why did you carry the drugs with pregnancy’?, it was quite an experience trying to convince them it was all make believe.
Would you accept millions to act a porn movie as a professional actor?
Would I accept millions to act a porn movie as a professional actor, yes I would.
What are the challenges of being a producer?
This are known challenges; finance is the topmost faced by producers. Then comes the production stage, post production and also getting the right cast for the movie.
Another is the box office; which entails you knowing the game to be able to beat them at it.
There is also the promotions for the movie; making awareness for your target audience, having used a huge amount to produce a movie, you need every publicity to make the movie get to where your audiences are.
But the utmost is the funds, because you need it for so many things; like running promotions for the movie before the release, after the release and also making it available for people to see. For me it’s the publicity, trying to create awareness for your products.
How long do you think you can withstand the test of time?
I would say in this industry, it is big enough for every talented act to explore daily.
Where ones talents ends, that’s where another begins. The good part is creativity is coming in daily for the industry to exploit. I can not say a particular person is the best, because as one movie comes out and people are talking about it and the cast, another comes out and take over the previous.
I am not bothered, because we need more talents for to emerge. That is because the sky is big enough for all birds to fly.
Tell us about your journey into the make believe world?
It all started in 2012, when I produced the movie ‘Moberu’, alongside the likes of Ayo Adesanya, Ayo Mogaji, and others. The movie was directed y Femi Ogedegbe. In 2013, I produced the Courier starring Ramsey Noah, myself, and some other notable actors; it was directed by Saidi Balogun. Also in 2015, I produced the movie ‘Caught Me If You Can’, co-produced with friend, who came out as an investor then.  And then in 2016 I produced ‘A Million Baby’, co-produced by Lakunle. I shouldn’t be saying this, but he didn’t want to come out, but he didn’t have a choice this time around.
I came out through Emem Isong, I am into event planning and I also have a salon opposite her office. I was in the University of Lagos then and I met her through a friend. After the meeting I told her I was into catering also and she told me she was going to be on set with some top notch actors like Genevieve, Segun Arinze and others.
That was how I got on set as a welfare manager and from then I fell in love with her as a female producer’ I worked with her for three years back to back. That how my love for movie production started, I approached her about my interest in movie production and she gave me some advices on script writing and other useful information.
I didn’t get into the industry as an actress; I got into the industry as a producer. And as an actress; I had to play the role in the movie I wrote ‘Moberu’, because the person that was supposed to play the female lead role was not done at another location. After trying to get someone else, it proved abortive, so I had to play the role myself. Acting is not really easy’ it is funny when people criticise actors, but it is a great job.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Russia produces (and quashes) so much radical art

Why Russia produces (and quashes) so much radical art tists have always held a special place in Russian society. My father, the playwright Alexander Guelman, was well known in the 1970s and was once lauded by Mikhail Gorbachev as the father of perestroika , the movement for reform within the Communist Party. At that time, theater was changing the perceptions of an entire generation. During the period of glasnost ("openness") in the mid-1980s, restrictions on forbidden books were relaxed . This newly available literature allowed people to evaluate society in ways that had previously been suppressed by communist propaganda. The return of the great writer  Alexander Solzhenitsyn  from exile in 1994 became symbolic of a new era. But by this time, rock music had taken over the roles previously held by theater and literature. The creativity of acts like Mashina Vremeni, Boris Grebenshikov and DDT led the charge for a new, open world. The whole country knew the lyrics by K...
NIGERIA COOKING RECIPES How to make Chicken Pie Check Out: How to Make Chicken Pie [Video] How to Make Nigerian Meat Pie This Chicken Pie recipe was born out of my craving for Chicken Republic's Chicken Pie. So what do you do when you are craving for a particular food and you are far away from the outlet that makes and sells that food? You go into your kitchen and make some! And that's exactly what I did. Enjoy the recipe, make it and send me some feedback by  clicking here . Click >>  Different Shapes of Nigerian Pies  for how to get the heart, circular, star and other shapes of this delicious Chicken Pie. Chicken Pie Ingredients I got 14 Chicken Pies with the following ingredients. The size and the number of chicken pies you will get depends on the diameter of the cutter you use. My cutter is 15 cm (6 inches) in diameter. For the Chicken Pie dough 1kg (2.2 lbs) plain flour (All Purpose Flour) 300g (0.7 lbs) margarine 2 teaspoons baking pow...
Germany's Merkel suffers blow as FDP pulls out of coalition talks Talks on forming a coalition government in Germany have collapsed, leaving Angela Merkel facing her biggest challenge in 12 years as chancellor. The free-market liberal FDP pulled out after four weeks of talks with Mrs Merkel's CDU/CSU bloc and the Greens. FDP leader Christian Lindner said there was "no basis of trust" between them. What happens next is unclear, but Mrs Merkel has met President Frank-Walter Steinmeier, who has the power to call elections. Germany coalition: Merkel's 'political party poker' Why German election was a turning point Mrs Merkel said she regretted the collapse, adding she would formally tell the German president that negotiations had failed. CDU deputy chairman Armin Laschet told journalists that Mrs Merkel had held a conference call on Monday morning with the party leadership and had retained its support. Mrs Merkel's bloc won September...